Services & Fees
Please find below answers to frequently asked questions relating to our medical centre.
For more information call us today on 02 8622 1681.
Please call Ambulance 000 for all medical emergencies.
Please phone National Home Doctor Service at 13 74 25 for after hours home visits.
We encourage all our patients to book appointments in advance. Walk-in patients are welcomed, however we give priority to our patients with appointments. Please note that our practice reserves the right to give your booked appointment time to the next waiting patient if you are either late or do not attend to your appointment without prior notice.
Our doctors endeavour to see walk-in patients who were unable to make an appointment. Unless it is an emergency, we strongly encourage our walk-in patients to arrive at our practice by 6pm during the weekdays and by 4pm during the weekends.
Our appointments are set at either standard 15 mins or long 30 mins. Please advise our reception staff if you think you may need a longer consultation so that the appropriate time can be allocated. Pathology service (Douglas Hanly Moir) is available on-site and pharmacy is located inside the shopping complex near our practice.
We have an on-site treatment room and a registered practice nurse alongside a physiotherapist, podiatrist, dietitian and a clinical psychologist for your convenience.In an effort to provide thorough and proper medical care, patients requiring prescriptions must consult the doctor.
At Local Doctors, we take confidentiality and privacy matters very seriously. Patients must see a doctor in order to be given test results as no results will be given over the phone or via email.
If you require a medical certificate for work or school, you must see a doctor on the day and no certificates can be pre-dated from the date of your consultation.We provide administration of immunisation and vaccination. The vaccinations can be purchased next door at the pharmacy. Our doctors can provide medical advice and prescription. Please check with Medicare if you are eligible to receive free immunisation, if not, vaccinations can be purchased at the pharmacy next door with our doctor’s prescription.
We take complaints and concerns regarding privacy and other practice related matters seriously. You should express any concerns you may have in writing. We will then attempt to resolve it in accordance with our resolution procedure. Please address all complaints to the practice manager at 8 Betty Cuthbert Ave, Ermington NSW 2115. Our aim is to respond within 30 days. You may also contact the OAIC. For further privacy information, visit www.oaic.gov.au or call 1300 336 002. For complaints regarding staff and healthcare providers, you may put your complaint in writing addressed to the practice manager. Alternatively, you may also contact Health Care Complaints Commission at 02 9219 7444 or 1800 043 159, postal address: Locked Mail Bag 18, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
Fees & Payments
COVID-19 Billing Policy: Our practice acknowledges the hardship our community is experiencing due to the coronavirus outbreak and therefore, we will waive afterhours GP consult gap fees until further notice.
Local Doctors is a mixed-billing practice.
Bulk-Billing is available on weekdays from 8am – 6pm, and on weekends from 8am – 4pm to all patients with a valid and current photo ID and Medicare card.
All patients will incur gap payments for minor procedures.
Gap fees apply for all non-concession patients on weekdays from 6pm to 8pm & weekends from 4pm to 6pm. Bulk-billing is still available during these times for patients with a pension or health care card.
Please visit our ppointment page to view our fees schedule Practice Private and Gap Fees
Medicare Safety Net
- You may also register as a family or couple for the Extended Medicare Safety Net and reach the safety net threshold sooner.
- Once the threshold has been reached you will receive 80% of all gap fees for the remainder of the calendar year.
- For more information, please visit https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/medicare-safety-nets
EFTPOS and Medicare Easyclaim is available at our practice for our patients to be able to claim back Medicare rebates on the spot.
Walk-in patients who check in with our receptionist on or before 5:30pm will be bulk-billed even if seen by the doctor after 6pm on weekdays.
All overseas visitors and students without a Medicare card will be held responsible for payment at the time of your consultation. We will issue an invoice/receipt so that you may then claim through an appropriate facility.
If you are claiming workers compensation or an insurance claim, you will need to provide us with the claim number. You will be responsible for the initial deposit payment of the practice standard consultation fee if claim numbers are not provided. This deposit will be fully refunded to you once you provide us with your claim number.
If you feel that you may need immunisation and vaccination, our doctors can provide medical advice and prescription. Please check with Medicare if you are eligible to receive free immunisation, if not, vaccinations can be purchased at the pharmacy.
Please ask your doctor for further information relating to the following topics.
- Ambulance Emergency– 000
- Ambulance Bookings – 13 12 33
- Poisons Information – 13 11 26
- After Hours Doctor (Home Visits) – 13 74 25
- Interpreter Service – 1300 131 450
- Red Cross Blood Service – https://www.donateblood.com.au/
- Immunisation Australia – http://www.immunise.health.gov.au/
- Australian Immunisation Register – https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/australian-immunisation-register
- Raisining Children Network – http://raisingchildren.net.au
- The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network Fact Sheets – https://www.schn.health.nsw.gov.au/parents-and-carers/fact-sheets
- Kids Health The Children’s Hospital at Westmead Child Health Promotion Unit – http://kidshealth.schn.health.nsw.gov.au/fact-sheets
- Pregnancy and Food Safety – http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/foodsafetyandyou/life-events-and-food/pregnancy
- The Royal Women’s Hospital Factsheets – https://www.thewomens.org.au/health-information/fact-sheets/
- Health Direct – https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/womens-health
- Better Health Channel – https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/campaigns/womens-sexual-and-reproductive-health
- Breast Screen NSW – https://www.breastscreen.nsw.gov.au/
- Cancer Institute NSW – https://www.cancer.nsw.gov.au/cervical-screening-nsw
- Health Direct – https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/mens-health
- The Department of Health – https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/national+mens+health-1
- Men’s Health Australia – http://www.menshealthaustralia.net/
- Family Planning NSW – http://www.fpnsw.org.au/index_factsheets.html
- Health Direct – https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/partners/family-planning-nsw
- Planning Ahead Tools – http://planningaheadtools.com.au/
- Health Direct – https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/management-of-chronic-conditions
- Diabetes Australia – https://www.diabetesaustralia.com.au/
- Asthma Australia – https://asthma.org.au/
- Cancer Council – https://www.cancer.org.au/
- Heart Foundation – https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/
- Allergy – https://www.allergy.org.au/patients/information
- Kidney Health Australia – https://kidney.org.au/
- Cancer Screening – http://www.cancerscreening.gov.au/
- The Department of Health – https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/mental-health
- Beyond Blue – https://www.beyondblue.org.au/
- Mental Health Australia – https://mhaustralia.org/
- Headspace – https://headspace.org.au/
- Black Dog Institute – http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/
- Reach Out – https://au.reachout.com/
- Lifeline – https://www.lifeline.org.au/
- Head to Health – https://headtohealth.gov.au/
- Smart Traveller – http://smartraveller.gov.au/
- CDC – http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel
- Immunisation for Travel – https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/immunisation/immunisation-throughout-life/immunisation-for-travel
- The Department of Health – https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/smoking-and-tobacco/how-to-quit-smoking?utm_source=quitnow.gov.au&utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=digital_transformation
- Smoking Cessation – http://www.quitnow.gov.au
- Get Healthy NSW – http://www.gethealthynsw.com.au/
- Osteoporosis Australia – https://www.osteoporosis.org.au/
- Medicare – https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/subjects/whats-covered-medicare
- Centrelink – https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/centrelink
- My Aged Care – https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/
- Find a Pharmacy – https://www.findapharmacy.com.au/
- Immunisation Programs – https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/immunisation/Pages/default.aspx
My Health Record
You may securely access your key health information online from anywhere and at any time. Your My Health Record is linked to your myGov account, which provides you with secure access to a range of Australian Government services such as Medicare, Australian Taxation Office and Centrelink. Please download My Health Record privacy and security fact sheet for more information. Please be advised that on the 26th of November 2018, the Australian Parliament passed the My Health Records Amendment (Strengthening Privacy) Bill 2018.
From your My Health Record account, healthcare providers involved in your care can access important health information such as allergies, medicines you are taking, any medical conditions you have been diagnosed with and pathology test results.
You are in control
You control who accesses the information in your My Health Record. You can change privacy and security settings in the following areas:
- set a record access code to determine which of your healthcare providers can view or update your My Health Record
- control and limit access by limiting who has access to your record
- allow access to a nominated representative such as a family member, friend or carer
- access your own health information and review the information your healthcare providers can see
- set up a SMS or email alert and be informed about when a healthcare provider accesses your record
Authorised representative such as a parent or legal guardian can manage children’s records.
Please allow your Local Doctors general practitioners to access your My Health Record so that they are able to upload, view and share your health information. This will assist your health providers to gain a more detailed insight into your conditions and assist your practitioners in providing you with better treatment decisions and diagnosis for you. You can always discuss with your doctor and limit information which you do not wish to upload to your My Health Record account.